In addition to my work as an author, I often work as a freelance writer and editor. I will work closely with clients to execute their exact vision, but I am an independent worker who does not require micromanagement to complete projects. I’ve never missed a deadline, and I have many references attesting to the quality of my work.
For more information on my experience in nonfiction writing and editing, view my resume on my LinkedIn profile. I have over 20 years writing and editing experience (as well as some design skills), the scope of which contains, but isn’t limited to, the following:
- corporate, marketing, and technical materials
- fiction (short stories, novellas, novels)
- developmental edits—working with authors to hone the scope of their project, find major holes in plots, crafting believable characters, and enriching settings
- copy edits—working with authors to establish cohesive flow and tighten weak spots
- line edits—working with authors to clean up word choice, correct grammatical and typographical errors, and maintain consistent structure
- writing and design of newsletters, brochures, ads, direct mailings, and annual publications
- composing and distributing news releases and media kits
- researching and drafting grant proposals
- crafting technical user and training manuals (including line art graphics)
- writing web content and designing web layout (preferred method is with WordPress or Wix platforms, but can work in HTML)
Some of my work includes people or companies in the following areas:
- engineering firms
- power industry
- consulting firms
- publishing houses
- individual authors (Some of my clients are USA Today and/or Amazon bestsellers, and one of them consistently ranks alongside and even above Stephen King on Amazon.)
I am happy to work with authors in any genre and companies in any industry.
If you’re interested in discussing a writing or editing project, please contact me by clicking here and provide the details, time frame, and any other relevant data. Thanks. I look forward to hearing from you.